From Political Fix Florida’s Jenna Buzzacco-Foerster, 06/13/2105:
Florida Gov. Rick Scott on Tuesday, signed the state’s $78 billion budget, vetoing more than $460 million in projects as part of the process.
Included in the vetoes were:
- $3 million for the Hillsborough Community College South Shore Campus
- $500,000 for the Northside Mental Health Center’s community residential program in Hillsborough County
- $250,000 for the Children’s Network of Southwest Florida’s mentoring children and parents program;
- $500,000 for the Health Care Network of Southwest Florida-Naples Primary Care Clinic
- $250,000 for the Bob Janes Triage Center and Low Demand Shelter in Lee County
- $200,000 for bicycle and pedestrian improvements on Terry Street in Bonita Springs
- $2.5 million for the Marco Island multipurpose Veterans Community Service Center.
- $3 million for the Brooksville-Tampa Bay Regional Airport
- $450,000 for the Treasure Coast Research Park
- $1 million for the Tampa Theatre Capital Improvement Plan